Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
CCP Fellowships for applicants from Guatemala
With the CCP Fellowships, the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds around 100 professionals and committed volunteers from 40 countries each year. During two to three months of practical training in host organisations in Germany or in CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise, strengthen their networks and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the capacities, regional knowledge and contacts of the CCP fellows. The participants then bring their experiences gained abroad into their everyday working life when they return to their home organisation.
Professional fellowships in 2021 are awarded for a period of eight to twelve weeks.
Professional fellowships are being offered in the following fields:
- politics & society
- human rights & peace building
- sustainable development
- media & culture
- civic & citizenship education
- digital civil society
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of the application.
- The applicant has at least good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant has at least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been and still is socially engaged for the long-term in her/his country of origin.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in his or her field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses other language skills, particularly, German language skills.
Benefits offered for fellowship holders:
First and foremost, this programme provides financial support for the fellowship recipients during their fellowship abroad. ifa covers the following costs:
- A monthly allowance of 550 euros
- Roundtrip airfare
- A monthly ticket for public transport within the place of residence
- A refund of applicable visa fees
- Health insurance
Responsibilities of the fellowship holders:
- Communication and consultation with the CCP team and the respective host organisation
- Submission of two reports
- Participation in accompanying events (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Securing leave of absence from the employer
- Preparation for the application for a short stay visa (Schengen visa)
- Awareness of potential risks and impacts, when working in a sensitive Setting
The deadline for application is December 15, 2020.
The selection of suitable candidates will be accomplished by ifa in consultation with the German Foreign Mission in Guatemala. Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview at the German Foreign Mission or via Skype in February 2021.
The final selection of CrossCulture fellowship holders will be accomplished in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office. The results will be communicated in March 2021.
There is no recourse to legal Action.